Thursday, June 7, 2012

Taste of summer!

Visiting my in-laws in Germany this weekend, and my sister in law is also pregnant mashaAllah. So today we (my mother, 2 sis in laws and myself) to go strawberry picking while the men went to play football. Firstly I think we seriously underestimated a) how difficult it is with 2 big pregger women to bend down continuously and pick strawberries, and b) how many we would actually want to eat - we only brought 2 small containers.

So I'm writing this munching on the fruit of my labour haha, which is seriously delicious - and as we were going along the endless rows of lush fruit, I was wondering if there will be strawberries in Jennah - I hope so inshaAllah, although I bet there's even better fruit, more juicy and sweet. InshaAllah we all make it there to see and taste. For now though alhamdulillah for strawberries!

Anyone got any decent strawberry recipes? (Links?)

I'm not much of a chef, but I have to admit loving meringue with strawberries and fresh cream...



No comments:

Post a Comment